INDEX / REPORTS
● The ‘QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022’ was recently published by QS Quacquarelli Symonds.
● This year’s (2022) report was the 12th edition which compiled the subject-wise data and ranked the institutes across the world.
● The index helps the students to identify the leading universities in a particular subject.
● The top institutes were - the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), The University of Oxford and Stanford University & the University of Cambridge.
● Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) -Delhi’s five academic programs were ranked among the top 100 in the ranking.
● Indian institutes ranked among the top 100 - IIT-Bombay (65th rank) and IIT-Delhi (72nd rank).
● The institutes were ranked based on 51 indicators which were grouped under five categories - Arts & Humanities, Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences & Medicine, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences & Management.