IMPORTANT DAYS, BOOKS & AUTHORS
● The novel ‘Tomb of Sand’ was shortlisted for the prestigious International Booker Prize. This is the first Hindi language work of fiction shortlisted for this prize.
● Originally, it was written in Hindi by the Novelist and short-story writer Geetanjali Shree and then translated to English by Daisy Rockwell.
● The novel will compete with five other titles from around the world.
● The novel briefs the life history of an eighty-year-old woman who slips into a deep depression after the death of her husband and then resurfaces to gain a new lease on life.
● The International Booker Prize is an international literary award hosted in the United Kingdom.
● The ‘International Booker Prize’ was awarded for the first time in 2005.
● International Booker Prize-2021 was won by David Diop (France) for his work ‘At Night All Blood Is Black’.