● A new system using blockchain technology was started by the Maharashtra government for validating the caste certificate.
● Currently, validating the Caste certificate involves a lot of manual intervention and is prone to fraud and forgery.
● The new system was used with the motive to provide job or educational opportunities for eligible persons with original documents.
● The state government records the necessary data in the form of a QR code, using blockchain technology.
● With this, any state’s government department can scan the QR code of a candidate and cross-check his or her caste certificate.
● Governor of Maharashtra: Mr.Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
● Gateway of India is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
● Lonar Lake, a saline lake creator by the Meteor is located in Maharashtra.