AWARDS AND SPORTS
● The 98-year-old Uttar Pradesh-based Prof.Ramdarash Mishra (retd.) - Poet and Hindi Litterateur - has been named for the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2021.
● He was selected by Dr.Subhash C Kashyap headed selection committee for his collection of poems ‘Mein to Yahan Hun’.
● He added followings to his achievement - 32 collections of poems, 15 novels, 30 short-story collections, 15 books of literary criticism, four collections of essays, travelogues, and several memoirs.
● The award given is given to the prose or poetry literary works done in any of the Schedule VII listed 22 official languages.
Facts to know:
● The Saraswati Samman award was given for the first time in 1991 by the K. K. Birla
● The award comprises ₹15,00,000, a citation and a plaque.
● The first recipient of the Saraswati Samman award: Harivansh Rai Bachchan for his ‘Autobiography in four volumes’.