DEFENCE, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
● Exercise Khanjar 2022 is a joint special forces exercise was held between India-Kyrgyzstan.
● The year 2022 marks the 9th edition of the exercise held at Special Forces Training School, Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh.
● The forces from both countries shared their experience and best practices in terms of tactics, techniques and counter-fight against emerging threats.
● During the Exercise, combat shooting, sniping, mountain survival, hostage rescue drills, and unarmed warfare were all extensively performed.
● A military exercise is conducted for the purpose of ensuring the combat readiness of the forces.
● Capital of Kyrgyzstan: Bishkek.
● President of Kyrgyzstan: Sadyr Japarov.
● Currency of Kyrgyzstan: Kyrgyzstani som.