● Police officials of Tirupati started ‘SHE Auto’ stands, the first of its kind in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
● The new initiative aims to provide safe transportation for women.
● New special auto stands ‘SHE Auto stands’ for women auto drivers were set up in different parts of the city (Tirupati) which ensures the priority and safety of women drivers.
● These auto stands will be managed and autos will be driven by female drivers only.
● Many states like Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, etc. started ‘Pink Patrol Vehicles’ equipped with facilities for surveillance for enhancing the safety for women and children in public places.
● Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Mr. Biswabhusan Harichandan.
● Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: Mr. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
● Andhra Pradesh’s ‘Sri Veerabhadra Swamy temple’ and the ‘Monolithic Bull’ (Nandi) at Lepakshi was recently included in the tentative list of UNESCO’s World Heritage site.