IMPORTANT DAYS, BOOKS & AUTHORS
● The International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) was observed on the 6th of April every year. It is being observed since 2014.
● The day was observed to spread the positive impact that sports activities have on the peace and harmony of various communities co-existing on this globe.
● The theme fixed for the year 2022 is ‘Securing a Sustainable and Peaceful Future for All: The Contribution of Sport’.
● Under this theme, the primary focus will be on climate change and lowering Greenhouse Gas emissions.
● The date (April 6) was chosen as it marks the first-ever Modern Olympics that took place in 1896 in Athens.