● The Delhi government introduced a new scheme ‘Hobby Hubs’ in the government schools from the academic year 2022-2023 with an objective to promote these extra-curricular activities.
● In the academic year 2022-23, the scheme will be implemented only in single-shift government schools.
● The idea behind the new scheme is to make optimum use of school infrastructure and to use it after school hours to promote these extra-curricular activities - dance, music, arts and crafts activities, etc.
● To train the students, the schools can also prefer Private academics, individuals, and NGOs.
● These training institutions can also admit the private schools' students and charge them, but government school students will have to make up 50% of the total students enrolled.
● Chief Minister of Delhi: Mr. Arvind Kejriwal (AAP).
● Governor of Delhi: Mr. Anil Baijal.
● UNESCO’s Heritage sites in Delhi: Humayun's Tomb, Red Fort, Qutub Minar & Its Monuments.