● The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh inaugurated new 13 districts virtually which takes the total no. of districts in the states to 26.
● The new districts were formed through the notification under the ‘Andhra Pradesh Districts (Formation) Act, 1974’. The official gazette notification was issued in January 2022.
● The districts were created for the purpose of a better administration, transparency, and smoother and more effective delivery of welfare schemes.
● Earlier, on average, about 38.15 lakhs people live in a district. But with the creation of new states, the no. has been reduced to 19.07 lakhs people per district.
● The new districts are: 1) Parvathipuram Manyam, 2) Anakapalli, 3) Alluri Seetharama Raju, 4) Kakinada, 5) Konaseema, 6) Eluru, 7) Palnadu, 8) Bapatla, 9) Nandyala, 10) Sri Sathya Sai, 11) Sri Balaji, 12) Annamaya, and 13) NTR.
● Venkateshwara National Park is located in Andhra Pradesh is home to endemic plant species.
● Historic state-protected monuments in Andhra Pradesh: Jaina temple, Sri Kona Ranganatha Swamy temple, 10th century Sri Ranganayani Fort, etc.