PERSON AND PLACES
● Mr. Vishwas Patel was re-elected as the chairman of the Payments Council of India (PCI) for the second time.
● Previously, he was elected as a Chairman of PCI in the year 2018.
● Mr. Patel served as Co-Chairman of PCI in the year 2013.
● Ms. Praveena Rai and Mr. M N Srinivasu were elected as the new co-chairman of PCI.
● PCI is the apex industry body for digital operators in India’s payments and settlement system that operates under the aegis of the Internet And Mobile Association of India (IAMAI).
● PCI was established in the year 2013 to cater the needs of the digital payment industry in India.
● National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) was founded in 2008.
● Headquarters of NPCI: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
● MD & CEO of NPCI: Mr. Dilip Asbe.