DEFENCE, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
● The Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports recently launched the six new and rare Reference Materials (RMs), the purest form of chemical required for anti-doping analysis.
● It was launched with an aim to strengthen the anti-doping testing in the country which makes India as ‘Self-reliant’.
● This was developed by the National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) in less than a year - recognized as one of the few labs in the world where such RMs have been developed.
● This new launch of RM will successfully execute anti-doping programmes in the country with the only goal of ensuring fair play in sports.
● India imports RMs from Canada and Australia.
● Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports: Mr.Anurag Thakur.
● NDTL in India was established in 2008.
● NDTL is the only laboratory in the country responsible for human sports dope testing.