DEFENCE, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
● A new initiative ‘Fleet Card - Fuel on Move’ was introduced by the Indian Air Force (IAF) in cooperation with the Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) Ltd. for its varied fleet of vehicles.
● The new initiative was launched with an aim for effective management of fuel logistics for IAF convoys.
● Under the existing system, the Indian Air Force procures fuel from various agencies and then distributes it within the Air Force establishment.
● With the advent of the Fleet Cards, the IAF convoys will be re-fuelled at fuel stations of the state-run energy major IOCL on the move.
● The new initiative will increase the pace of movement and reduce the lead time for readiness at operational locations across the nation.
● Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) Ltd. was established in 1932.
● Air Force Day: 8th October.
● Indian Oil Corporation Limited functions under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
● The IOC was established in 1959.