PERSON AND PLACES
● An IP&TAF Service officer Ms Aprajita Sharma has been selected as the vice-chair of the International Telecommunication Union’s (ITU) Standing Committee on Administration and Management.
● She was appointed in the recently concluded ITU’s Council sessions in Geneva.
● ITU is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication which is governed by the Plenipotentiary Conference - the supreme organ of the Union.
● The Plenipotentiary Conference is the decision making body and will consider broad telecommunication policy issues to ensure that the Union’s activities, policies and strategies fully respond to today’s dynamic, rapidly changing telecommunications environment.
● The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) was established in 1865.
● Headquarters of ITU: Geneva, Switzerland.
● Secretary-General of ITU: Mr. Houlin Zhao.