● A dedicated bus lane for buses and good carriers were introduced in New Delhi which will be effective from 1st April of this year.
● Initially the bus lane will be strictly implemented in 15 selected roads out of 46 corridors.
● Under Section 192-A of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, a fine of ` 10,000 and six-month imprisonment will be imposed on violators.
● Such dedicated lanes are to be used only by buses and goods carriers from 8 am to 10 pm and other vehicles can use the lane in remaining.
● Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways: Mr. Nitin Gadkari.
● New Delhi is the most polluted capital city in the world.
● NH 44 is the longest and NH 47A is the smallest National Highway in India.