● The world’s first multicenter phase III clinical trial in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) will be conducted by AVP Research Foundation under the Union Ministry of Ayush.
● The trail is to examine the efficacy of Ayurveda in the treatment of inflammatory disease - Rheumatoid Arthritis.
● The trial will be conducted in accordance with stringent International Council for Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Pharmaceuticals for Human Use - Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
● The trials will be conducted at three locations - AVP Research Foundation (Coimbatore), Central Ayurveda Research Institute for Metabolic Disorders (Bengaluru) and the Raja Ramdeo Anandilala Central Ayurveda Research Institute for Cancer (Mumbai).
● RA is a chronic inflammatory disorder affecting many joints, in the hands and feet which cause painful swelling.
● Union Ministry of Ayush: Mr. Sarbananda Sonowal.
● Ayurveda is derived from sanskrit meaning ‘knowledge of life’.
● Dhanvantari founded Ayurveda.