AWARDS AND SPORTS
● The ‘Yonex All England Open Badminton Championship’ title was won by Viktor Axelsen of Denmark.
● In the final, Viktor Axelsen defeated Lakshya Sen of India. He won the Silver medal in the tournament.
● He is the fifth Indian to reach the final game of the Championship over all the time.
● The other Indians were to enter the final game - Prakash Nath (1947), Prakash Padukone (1980, 1981), Pullela Gopichand (2001) and Saina Nehwal (2015).
● The women’s singles title was won by Akane Yamaguchi of Japan.
● The All England Open Badminton Championship 2022 was held in Birmingham, England.
● The title was won by only two Indians - Prakash Padukone (1980) and Pullela Gopichand (2001).
● The World Badminton Federation (BWF) was formed in 1934.