IMPORTANT DAYS, BOOKS & AUTHORS
● Every year, the International Day of Forests is observed on 21st March by the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
● The day is observed with an aim to raise awareness regarding the importance of all types of forests.
● The theme fixed for the year 2022 is ‘Forests and sustainable production and consumption’.
● The day was fixed by the UN General Assembly in 2012 with an objective to value and save forests.
● The subject ‘Forests’ are included in the Concurrent List.
● Total forest cover is 21.71% and the tree cover is 2.91% of the geographical area of the country.
● Madhya Pradesh has the largest forest cover in India.