Spotted Deers Died In Iit-M

NATIONAL

  • Three spotted deers (also known as ‘Chital’) died on the campus of the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras.
  • The deers died due to ingestion of plastic items and anthrax.
  • Anthrax is a serious infectious disease that occurs naturally in soil and commonly affects domestic and wild animals.
  • Humans can become infected through contact with an infected animal or by inhaling spores.

    Facts to know:

  • The bacteria causes anthrax: Bacillus anthracis.
  • IUCN status of Spotted deer: Least Concern.
  • Scientific name of spotted deer: Axis axis.
Three spotted deers
preparing for jeet

Preparing for Govt. Exams?

Here is you path to Jeet

View courses