BANKING AND ECONOMY
● The Karnataka state government announced the creation of the ‘multipurpose women's cooperative societies’ in every taluk.
● The cooperative societies have 90% share capital from the state government. Its objective is to bring more women’s participation in the state’s economy.
● The Milk Producers Bank named ‘Ksheera Samridhi Bank’ would be established to ensure that the profit goes to milk producers. The government allocated Rs.100 crore for this.
● Under the Central Sector Scheme ‘PM Krishi Samman Yojana’, the governments are paying Rs2800 cr annually for 45 lakh farmers in the State.
● Under the PM-KISAN scheme, all landholding farmers' families shall be provided the financial benefit of Rs. 6000 per annum per family payable in three equal instalments of Rs. 2000 each, every four months.