● The second virtual summit between the Prime Minister of India and Australia was held. The first summit took place in June 2020.
● The leaders will discuss enhancing various sectors - trade, critical minerals, migration and mobility, and education between the countries.
● The Australian government announced an investment of `1,500 crore in India in multiple sectors.
● This is the largest-ever investment by the Australian government in India.
● An agreement was signed in the field of critical minerals, which will help and increase access of India to acquire metallic coal and lithium from Australia.
● Prime Minister of Australia: Mr. Scott Morrison.
● Capital of Australia: Canberra.
● Official currency of Australia: Australian Dollar (AUD)