● The Australian government decided to provide temporary humanitarian visas to the refugees from Ukraine.
● This visa allowed the Ukrainian refugees to work, study and access medicare for three years in Australia.
● The Australian government has provided local community groups with a $450,000 AUD (334,000 USD) grant to help Ukrainian refugees.
● As per the data of UNHCR, about 3.4 million Ukrainian left the country and entered other nations as refugees and about 6.48 million people have been displaced within the country.
● UNHCR: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
● Headquarters of UNHCR: Geneva, Switzerland.
● High Commissioner for Refugees: Mr. Filippo Grandi (Italy).