IMPORTANT DAYS, BOOKS & AUTHORS
● Annually, National Safe Motherhood Day is celebrated on the 11th of April, which marks the birth anniversary of Kasturba Gandhi.
● The objective celebrate the day is to provide better medical care in order to reduce the maternal mortality rate in the country.
● The day is being celebrated to spread the importance of antenatal care in pregnancy.
● The theme fixed for the year 2022 is ‘Remain at home amid coronavirus, protect mother and infant safe from coronavirus.
● It is an initiative of the White Ribbon Alliance India (WRAI), a non-profit organization.