● A pilot project ‘One Health Framework’ was initiated in the state of Uttarakhand by the GoI’s Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD).
● The project was launched by Mr.Atul Chaturvedi, Secretary, Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying.
● The project will be implemented in the state by the ‘One Health Support Unit’. This will be guided and monitored by the Inter-ministerial One Health committee under the chairmanship of the Principal Scientific Adviser to GoI.
● Based on the learnings from this pilot project, a ‘National One Health’ roadmap will be developed and a strong social infrastructure will be built.
● GoI’s Animal Husbandry Commissioner: Dr Praveen Malik.
● Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying: Mr.Parshottam Rupala.
● This is a new ministry formed in 2019.