IMPORTANT DAYS, BOOKS & AUTHORS
● Every year, the National Maritime Day is celebrated on 5th April - on this date, the first Indian commercial vessel sets sail from Mumbai to London.
● The year 2022 marks the 59th edition of the National Maritime Day.
● The objective of the day is to celebrate the significance of maritime to the Indian economy and its role in the global trade of India.
● Theme fixed for the year 2022 has yet to be announced and the theme for 2021 is ‘Sustainable shipping beyond COVID-19’.
● World Maritime Day: 29th September.
● The International Maritime Organisation (IMO) was established in 1948.
● India joined IMO in 1959.