BANKING AND ECONOMY
● To enhance the foreign investment in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Economic Zones Authority (BEZA) signed an agreement with Adani Ports and SEZ Limited.
● As per the agreement, an Indian Economic Zone (IEZ) at the Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Shilpa Nagar (BSMSN) in Chattogram.
● Establishing IEZ in Bangladesh will attract investment from Indian companies.
● IEZ will be developed on 857 acres of land with an estimated cost of Taka 964 crore supported by an Indian Line of Credit worth USD 115 million.
● In 2015, governments of India and Bangladesh signed a MoU to establish the second largest economic zone in Bangladesh.
● President of Bangladesh: Mr.Abdul Hamid.
● Prime Minister of Bangladesh: Ms.Sheikh Hasina.
● Currency of Bangladesh: Bangladeshi taka