● Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal unveiled the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) between India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
● India has offered market access to the UAE in around 100 sub-sectors, while Indian service providers will have access to around 111 sub-sectors
● Piyush Goyal participated in the ‘Investopia Summit’ and ‘World Government Summit’ being held in Dubai on 28th March 2022 and 29th March 2022 respectively.
● India-UAE CEPA is the first deep and full free trade agreement to be signed by India with any country in the past decade.
● CEPA provides for an institutional mechanism to encourage and improve trade between the two countries.