● The ‘Charti Lal Goel Heritage Park’ , a new heritage-themed park, was inaugurated by the President of India near Jama Masjid, in Old Delhi.
● Shri Charti Lal Goel was the first Speaker of the Delhi Legislative Assembly during 1993–1997.
● The park was developed by the North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) with red sandstone, white marble, Dholpur stone, and Delhi quartzite stones.
● The park was endowed with a Mughal-style white marble-made ‘Baradari’. This is the centrepiece of this garden.
● The park has “rich stocks” of flowers and shrubberies, including petunia, dog flowers, marigold, carnation, poinsettia, ornamental cabbage, croton and furcaria.
● Jama Masjid of Delhi was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan.
● It was constructed in Shahjahanabad (today Old Delhi), the Mughal capital city.
● Chief Minister of Delhi: Mr. Arvind Kejriwal.